Writing and talking

I have been reading my way around blogosphere a bit recently and been thinking about what's a perfect blog, how many words I want to see written, etc. I usually feel my pulse rate go up when I look at blogs (except those of my favourite bloggers' - see the list on the right) and see eight million links you have to click on, each one of which take you somewhere completely different, forcing your brain to adjust to new topics with every click. Nonooonono - I like my narratives linear, with clear chapters and footnotes - and lots of fotos. Not too much text, wordage, chattering and babbling, humming, hawing and twittering - this is writing after all, not a conversation. Unless it's about food. Recipes and tales about great dinners in fabulous restaurants, or where to get things like melon ballers, rosewater or palm sugar. The best blogs, though, are like letters from a your best mate, or a sudden inspiration, no matter their length.
made by Scots barista in Glyptothek
Ich lese zur Zeit viel in der Blogwelt rum, auch die meiner Freundinnen, und bin am überlegen was für mich der perfekte Blog ist. Wie viele Worte dürfen sein? I fühle mich schon überfordert wenn ich blogs mit tausend links und Hinweisen sehe, wo jeder Mausklick wieder ganz woanders hinführt - vom Hundertsten ins Tausendste halt. Neiiiiin, ich will lineare Erzählstrukturen mit Kapiteln und Fussnoten, und natürlich Fotos ohne Ende. Kein Geplauder und Geplapper, kein lautes Denken, Twittern und freie Assoziationen...es gehtums Schreiben hier, es ist ja keine Unterhaltung. Außer natürlich, es geht ums Essen, Rezepte, Restaurants, Läden die Harissa, Halloumi oder Zitronenzester haben - nur zu! Aber die besten blogs sind wie Briefe von einer Herzensfreundin oder wie Gedankenblitze, sie können so lang oder kurz sein wie sie wollen.

Comments